BRADAAG is a non- profit community-based agency incorporated under the Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations (ORIC) and governed by a local Board of Directors.
We are funded through a combination of Territory and Commonwealth funding arrangements to deliver culturally appropriate AOD education, promotion, support and treatment that addresses peoples overall social and emotional wellbeing. These services are extended to those residing across the entire Barkly region.
BRADAAGs service delivery spans from immediate/crisis support for individuals wanting to reside in the Sobering Up Shelter for the night, or community/school based AOD education, promotion, assessment and referrals provision through to an eight-week AOD Residential Program, followed by a 13-week Ongoing Care Program.
- Individuals, their families and communities in the Barkly Region live to their full potential, free from the impacts of AOD, violence, homelessness and other factors that undermine their well-being.
- BRADAAG has a model of evidence-based good practice in supporting its clients’ well-being and is a leader in creating a service sector that operates at the highest level for the benefit of people in the Barkly Region.
- Individual wellbeing is at the centre
- Culture and cultural identity are valued, respected and critically considered
- Accessibility, equity and responsiveness
- Focus on long term social and cultural change
- Shared responsibility, partnerships and local responses
- Evidence based
- Outcomes focussed
- Challenging systematic racism and inequality
What We Do:
The size and location of this region creates challenges in the provision of comprehensive health care. BRADAAG has responded to these challenges by establishing a range of programs to provide a continuum of care for our clients so they can receive the necessary, appropriate and ongoing support to address their needs in their local area.
BRADAAG provides a client centred therapeutic approach that encompasses the client’s overall wellbeing, whilst providing each client and their family/ kinship networks with the coping skills to deal with AOD triggers to support their Wellbeing Pathway to lead a healthy, active and productive life.