Barkly Region Alcohol & Drug Abuse Advisory Group – Aboriginal Corporation
The Barkly Region Alcohol and Drug Abuse Advisory Group Incorporated (BRADAAG) was established in Tennant Creek in August 1984, providing one of the earliest sobering-up centres in Australia.
BRADAAG is funded from a combination of Territory and Commonwealth Government funded programs.
BRADAAG is a non-profit Community-Based Agency incorporated under the Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations (ORIC).
BRADAAG is the only provider of AOD services for the Barkly Region, which covers an area from Ti Tree in the south to Katherine in the north, and east to the Queensland border. An area of approximately 500 square kilometres.
The town of Tennant Creek and the surrounding communities have a population of 3,600 people, 66% of whom are of Indigenous background. The nearest major population centres are Alice Springs (500 km South); Katherine (800 km North); and Darwin (1,100 km North-West).
The level of isolation of this remote area service, creates challenges in provision of comprehensive health care. BRADAAG has responded to these challenges by establishing a range of Programs that provide a continuum of care for AOD Clients, so that they can receive the necessary and on-going support to address their needs and within their local area.
The current range of Service Delivery Programs include:
- Sobering-Up Shelter;
- Residential Treatment Centre;
- Transitional Aftercare / Outreach program.
BRADAAG Clients have a dedicated Case Manager and an appropriate treatment plan/s in place, used in identifying the goals and objectives they would like to achieve.
Our Quality Objectives are to:
- Provide excellence in Service Delivery;
- Uphold organisational values and codes of practice;
- Engage in transparent and accountable leadership and governance;
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory and safety requirements;
- Create a culture of organisational learning and staff development;
- Focus on continual process improvement through a quality monitoring system of internal audits, reviews, analysis, and planning.